We at JumpSpark are here to support our community in this time of uncertainty. Below you will find an update about our Spark Grants, Teen and Parent surveys, and Some Valuable Resources for this new reality.
JumpSpark is delaying Spark Grant decisions, reopening applications will reassess on May 15th
Due to the uncertainty of the future, JumpSpark is delaying Spark Grant decisions and will reassess on May 15th. This will allow us time to assess needs and make sure we are uses our funds in a way that speaks to our new reality. If you have an idea that speaks to this moment, can be operationalized at this time, and needs funds to get off the ground please reach out. As we all pivot JumpSpark has decided to reopen the grant application and are accepting new ideas for Spark Grants. We appreciate your flexibility and patience at this difficult time. Apply here: https://jumpsparkatl.org/spark-grants/
Amazing new resource from the Jewish Teen Funder Collaborative: https://www.newrealityresources.com/
This website aggregates the amazing content, resources and webinars into one place with a focus on youth professionals / those serving teens with clear categories. I hope this saves you all time so that you can spend your energy connecting deeply with the community you serve, and meeting local needs.
On the site you will find:
- A spreadsheet of social media content and sources you can lift / share out in a Google spreadsheet that will be frequently updated (also found HERE).
- Virtual program ideas and links to 4Front’s new curated content site
- A Haggadah for a virtual Seder compiled by Cincinnati
- Guides for educators
- Public webinars (and links to their recordings if you miss the times)
- Wellbeing tools, such as Jewish meditation how-to’s and spirituality resources
- General coronavirus updates
**Please note, Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta has also built a site with both national and local resources: https://jewishatlanta.org/covid19-resources/ In addition, in an effort to best serve our community, Federation is leading the needs assessment and fundraising efforts for our community, you can learn more about the Jewish Emergency Response Fund here
JumpSpark is going virtual
We miss seeing all of you and would love to have you join us for our upcoming virtual learning activities. We will be offering more opportunities in the coming weeks.
- A Taste of Moving Traditions Webinar, March 30, 1-2, will be held over Zoom (Register here: http://movingtraditions.formstack.com/forms/tasteofmt)
- JumpSpark professional teen mental health first aid, April 28, 9-5, will be held over Zoom (more information coming)
- Intown Post-graduation Engagement for Parents Webinar, April 28 7-8:30pm (Navigating Parenthood event – more information coming)
JumpSpark has joined BBYO as a partner on their amazing new platform BBYO On-Demand: https://azabbg.bbyo.org/on-demand/home If you, or your community are interested in hosting programming on the platform you can submit details here: https://azabbg.bbyo.org/on-demand/home. Please reach out if you have any questions.
JumpSpark is still running our teen and parent surveys
We have 200 teen responses and 150 parent responses so far! Thank you everyone for your efforts in making this happen. It is truly a community project that will yield data helpful to all of us. The survey is scheduled to end on March 27th so please continue to share it out to your communities, especially since everyone is at home in front of a screen.
Teen survey: http://bit.ly/teensurveyatl
Parent survey: http://bit.ly/parentsurveyatl