Teen Leadership Academy
Aug. 1, 2019 - May. 1, 2020
Hosted by Jewish Kids Groups
Ages: High Schoolers 16-19 years old
JKG sees teens as the next generation of Jewish leaders, so they want to find them, invest in them, empower them, push them, and develop them. JKG’s goal is to prepare the next generation to be Jewish leaders, learners and teachers through the JKG Teen Leadership Academy. The Academy is a highly selective, year-long cohort program designed for and with teens. They will empower participants to grow professionally, develop leadership skills, design authentic Jewish experiences for themselves and their peers, and learn Jewishly in Atlanta (and beyond) all while fostering lasting Jewish friendships.
The Academy includes:
- Paid On-the-Job Experience: Participants will gain hands-on job experience through working in the classroom, teaching students in Preschool through 7th grade across metro Atlanta in JKG’s Sunday School program.
- Sunday Fundays: Sunday Fundays will take place in Atlanta over the course of two back-to-back Sundays to kick off the Teen Leadership Academy and the school year! This program will focus heavily on leadership development and Jewish learning led by experts as well as peers.
- Year-Long Workshop Series: The objective of the series is to inspire, motivate, and equip teens to be self-confident, independent thinkers, establish a level of job-readiness, and to practice real skills including teaching, presenting, and more.
- Learning Grants: Program participants will be encouraged to pursue their own Jewish learning and are eligible to apply for Learning and Travel Grants to cover expenses incurred while attending national Jewish conferences like CAGE, an annual Jewish conference held around the US to connect, inspire and affirm all Jewish educators to build a stronger Jewish community.
- Peer-Led Programming: By teens, for teens! Teens will have the opportunity to plan and lead their own community building events, programs, and activities so that they are able to engage in what most aligns with their interests, personal goals, and career aspirations. JKG will support the planning and preparation of the event and give guidance to the teen planners. (Think: One Table/Moishe House-style programming, but for teens.)